Friday, September 01, 2006

I love concerts, especially when it's a band that I know well and who are better live. I went to see Social Code play this week, and they put on such a good show. Stage presence is key, and the lead singer was F-ing amazing. Plus me and my friends were right against the stage in the center. I think it might have been better to be one row back because it's almost awkward being that close. Especially when the band members would stand on the monitor and I had to crane my neck to look up at them. Another bonus was that they came out after the show to talk to people. I love it when musicians don't have the whole god complex and decide that they're too good for their audience. It's nice to know a band appreciates having people show up to their concert.
Anyways, so it's my goal to see as many concerts in my life as I can before my back turns arthritic and I lose all hearing. I will probably turn deaf at a young age because of it, but at least I'll have had a good run. So far my running total for concerts (NOT including lame-o Christian concerts because, as we all know, it doesn't count as a concert if you're sitting in a pew!) is at a meager eighteen. I'm gunna have to get cracking if I want to break the hundred mark.

3 comments:

Matt said...

now i feel like a major loser, i have been to like 3 or 4 concerts...eep

Anonymous said...

I've never been to a concert. Never seemed like much fun.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.